If you want to enjoy coffee shop-quality coffee in your own home, a Nespresso machine is the way to go.
With such a wide choice of machines available, it can feel overwhelming to choose the best one for your needs.
So, what are the best Nespresso machines for home-brewed coffee?
The best Nespresso machine for home-brewed coffee is the Nespresso VertuoPlus. This machine brews both espresso and regular coffee and features a large water reservoir that limits how often you need to refill it. It makes coffee-making fast and effortless.
The only instances in which I wouldn’t recommend it are if…
- You’re looking for a compact Nespresso machine. In this case, I’d highly recommend the Nespresso Pixie machine, which is small but offers everything you need.
- You’re on a budget. Consider the Nespresso Vertuo Next machine. This model is reasonably priced but offers many impressive features.
This article will cover the best Nespresso machines on the market today.
I’ll review the pros and cons of each and discuss which machine would be best for which circumstance. Let’s get started!
If you love making coffee at home, the Nespresso VertuoPlus can’t be beaten. This machine is incredibly simple to use and makes excellent coffee and espresso.
One of the reasons I love this machine is that it takes all the effort out of coffee-making while still giving you multiple options.
Simply pop in the pod and make the perfect cup of coffee.
This machine also heats up quickly, even though it has a large water reservoir.
In most cases, the water is heated within only a few minutes, making it convenient for those who are typically in a rush in the mornings and like to take their coffee on the run.
Bottom line: I recommend the Nespresso VertuoPlus if you want maximum efficiency in your coffee maker. This machine outdoes the competition in terms of diversity, brewing speed, and ease of use – saving you valuable time and effort when making your morning coffee.
- Easy to use: This machine is very easy to use. Simply pop a pod in and move on.
- Large water reservoir: The large reservoir means you can fill up the machine less often, saving you time and effort.
- Brews multiple sizes of espresso shots: This machine features multiple espresso shot sizes, including a single and double shot.
- Moderate temperature coffee rather than hot: This machine sometimes doesn’t heat coffee as hot as many people like it. If you like your coffee to be very hot, this may not be the best option.
|Capacity||8 ounces (236.58 ml)|
|Dimensions||6”D x 17”W x 13”H (152.4 x 431.8 x 330.2 mm)|
This is one of the most reasonably-priced Nespresso machines on the market. However, this doesn’t mean it sacrifices quality or features.
This popular Nespresso machine brews espresso and coffee in various sizes.
Regular coffee can be brewed from 5 ounces to 18 ounces (147.86 to 532.32 ml), and it will brew espresso in both a single and a double shot.
For many people, the 18-ounce (532.32 ml) coffee is the way to go, especially when brewing for a party.
This machine is also very simple to use, and all you need to do is lift the lid and place the pod in.
Bottom line: With this Nespresso machine, every cup has the perfect amount of crema and is just as tasty as it would be from a coffee shop. On top of this, the options for brewing larger cups make it a win-win situation.
- Excellent quality for the price: This Nespresso machine makes some of the best espresso shots for less than $200. It’s definitely a bargain.
- Compact size: The machine is smaller than many Nespresso machines, making it one of the best options if you have limited space.
- Multiple brewing options: This machine has a ton of diversity in brewing options.
- Doesn’t always sense the pods: Sometimes, you don’t quite get what you want with the pods, and the machine occasionally has trouble sensing which pod is placed inside.
- Occasionally stops working: While not common, this machine has had some reports of suddenly stopping working and restarting again.
|Capacity||18 ounces (532.32 ml)|
|Dimensions||6”D x 17”W x 12”H (152.4 x 431.8 x 304.8 mm)|
This machine is one of the most compact Nespresso machines on the market.
It’s easily transferable from place to place and, as an added advantage, also comes with a milk frother.
This full machine can’t be beaten if you have limited space in your kitchen.
With a width of only 18.19” (462.02 mm) and a height of just 11.89” (302 mm), this machine can fit practically anywhere. It’s especially good for low-hanging cabinets.
Another advantage of this machine is that it will heat your water in less than a minute. This is a huge advantage for those who are always running low on time.
Bottom line: I highly recommend this Nespresso machine if you travel often or have very limited space. It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, and performs efficiently when making coffee.
- Small and compact: The size of this machine is definitely its biggest advantage, and it can be used nearly anywhere.
- Comes with a frother: Another benefit of this machine is that it comes with a milk frother. This is the way to go if you’re a fan of lattes. For instructions on how to make an easy latte, check out this article.
- Costly: If you’re interested in this compact Nespresso machine, you can expect to pay over $200.
- Requires frequent emptying: Because this machine is so small, you need to empty the capsule container often and refill the water reservoir frequently.
|Capacity||2.1 pounds (0.95 kg)|
|Dimensions||7.56”D x 18.19”W x 11.89”H (192.02 x 462.02 x 302 mm)|
This machine is the most expensive on the list but is by far the most advanced.
With this Nespresso machine, you’ll feel like you have an entire coffee shop at your fingertips and in your own home.
The Creatista Plus features a stainless steel exterior with a built-in milk frother, and you can count on it to provide everything you want.
In addition, it will guide you through every step, so there’s no confusion on size or instructions for coffee preparation.
As a side note, it also comes with an entire set of Nespresso pods when you purchase.
Bottom line: This Nespresso machine is hands down one of the best available. I highly recommend it if you’re an everyday coffee drinker and love preparing new drinks. There’s such a variety and diversity with this machine it’s impossible to go wrong.
- Advanced: This machine comes with a ton of extra features.
- Milk frother: The milk frother is one of this Nespresso machine’s key features that makes it worth the price. With espresso and milk, what drink can’t you make?
- Multiple coffee options: This machine accepts over 30 coffee pod flavors for everyday use. You’ll also have additional access to holiday flavors.
- Expensive: This machine is inexpensive upfront, but it pays for itself over time, especially if you use it every day.
- Bulky: Because it has so many features, this machine is bulky and difficult to maneuver, so make sure you have a more permanent spot for it.
|Capacity||3.1 Pounds (1.40 kg)|
|Dimensions||6.7”D x 16.1”W x 12.2”H (170.18 x 408.94 x 309.88 mm)|
This Nespresso machine is built for efficiency. It’s an all-in-one coffee maker and milk frother and is ridiculously easy to operate once you learn the controls.
This machine heats up in about 25 seconds, which means there’s hardly any waiting time if you’re in a hurry.
In addition to a quick heating time, this machine features one-touch buttons that can make most drinks without any additional effort on your part.
If you have a specific latte in mind, simply touch the button and create one.
Through this machine, you can even learn how to make more complicated lattes if you want.
Bottom line: I highly recommend this Nespresso machine if you need something that will work efficiently. This machine can’t be beaten in terms of how quickly and easily it can prepare an espresso drink. It’s also fantastic for those eager to learn how to make new drinks.
- One-touch recipes: The one-touch buttons make this machine top-of-the-line. You can create the perfect macchiato, latte, or flat white every time.
- Quick heat up: This machine heats in less than thirty seconds, making it one of the quickest on the list.
- Built-in frother: The added milk frother is another major advantage of this Nespresso machine.
- Expensive: At its steep price, this is not a budget model.
- Problems with frother: There have been occasional challenges with the milk frother spitting out water instead. This is rare and seems to only be in specific batches of this machine. Still, it can be a serious con, especially with the price point.
|Capacity||1 Liter (1000 ml)|
|Dimensions||7.99”D x 14.44”W x 10.86”H (202.94 x 366.77 x 275.84 mm)|
This mini espresso machine is the perfect option if you’re looking for something tiny but still efficient.
While it won’t give you the benefits of a full machine, it offers the basics. This is an especially good option if you prefer straight espresso or drinks such as Americanos.
Another benefit to this machine is that it’s relatively inexpensive and costs under $200, which is reasonable for a Nespresso machine.
This machine features a one-touch for espresso and lungo. Simply touch the button and get the perfect pour every time.
Bottom line: This machine is tiny, and it fits nearly anywhere. This machine is highly efficient and can’t be beaten if you are a simple espresso drinker. It’s hands down the best option for those simple and sweet drinks.
- Size: The size of this machine is the biggest advantage. There’s hardly a better option if you have limited space available and don’t need a full machine.
- Versatile: Even though this machine only makes espresso, there’s a lot you can do with it. Nearly every coffee drink has a base of espresso, and you can make various iced drinks, even without a milk frother.
- Efficient: This machine makes your espresso quickly and easily.
- Relatively inexpensive: This machine is on the cheaper end of things, considering many Nespresso machines cost well over $200.
- Very basic: If you’re a fan of more extravagant drinks, you won’t be able to do too much with this machine.
- Must be precise with coffee: One of the major disadvantages of this machine is that you need to be very precise with the grind to obtain a good brew. If the grind isn’t fine enough or if it isn’t tapped well enough, you’ll end up with a bad brew. (Only applicable when using third-party coffee pods)
|Capacity||0.6 Liters (600 ml)|
|Dimensions||4.3”D x 8”W x 12.8”H (109.22 x 203.2 x 325.12 mm)|
If you’re an everyday coffee drinker, you probably know the struggle to refill your water reservoir every other day.
Sometimes it’s every day if you have a family drinking coffee simultaneously.
Luckily, Nespresso has created a solution for this.
This machine has a water reservoir that holds 54 ounces of water (1596.97 ml) – enough for at least three days of coffee drinking, even for the heaviest coffee fanatics.
In addition, this machine features multiple cup sizes for coffee and espresso. You can choose 5 or 8 ounces (147.86 or 236.58 ml) for a coffee or a single or double espresso shot.
Bottom line: This is the machine for you if you hate filling the water reservoir. It holds double the normal amount and only needs refilling every few days to a week, depending on how much you use it.
- Huge tank: This is the biggest benefit of this Nespresso machine.
- Quick heat up: This machine heats up in about 25 seconds.
- Multiple brew options: You can choose two different sizes of coffee and two different sizes of espresso.
- Larger machine: This machine isn’t compact. As such, you should have adequate counter space to store it.
- Single-serve only: Unlike other Nespresso machines discussed in this article, you can only make single servings with this machine.
|Capacity||1597 milliliters (54 oz)|
|Dimensions||9”D x 12.2”W x 12.3”H (228.6 x 309.88 x 312.42 mm)|
Factors to consider
When purchasing a Nespresso machine, making an informed decision is essential. No one likes to make a big purchase only to have to return it shortly after.
With this in mind, there are a few factors to consider when purchasing a Nespresso machine.
Below are the most important factors to consider:
- Frequency of use
- Machine features
- Machine and pod costs
Let’s look at each of these factors in more depth below:
Frequency of use
Before splurging on a Nespresso machine, ask yourself how often you plan on using it.
If you think you’ll use it daily, it can be well worth it. However, if you plan on using it only occasionally, it might not be worth the expense.
Nespresso machines are great for everyday coffee drinkers or those who prefer espresso over brewed coffee.
These machines make creating an espresso very simple. This may be your answer if you can’t live without your morning latte.
When choosing a Nespresso machine, carefully examine its features.
As you’ve seen in this article, while all Nespresso machines perform the same basic functions, there are quite a few additional features to consider.
Here are some machine features to consider:
- Water reservoir size
- Milk frother
- Machine size
Machine and pod costs
The final thing to consider is the cost of the machine and the pods.
Nespresso machines don’t come cheap, and choosing a machine that works for both the features you want and the price is important.
However, there are many other payment options available on Amazon.com if you don’t want to pay the full amount upfront.
You can use options like Afterpay and Affirm to make payments if your credit is approved. This is especially helpful for those pricier machines.
The cost of the pods is also important, and how many pods you’ll use depends on how much coffee you drink.
Nespresso machines have a lot to offer coffee lovers.
There are many options to choose from, but I hope this article has given you a better understanding of some of the best options on the market.
The best overall Nespresso machine is the Nespresso Vertuo Plus. This machine is well-rounded in features and comes at a reasonable price.
However, if this isn’t your style, there are many other options. Just be sure you consider the key factors – frequency, features, and costs – when deciding on a machine.